2011年4月19日星期二

黑童话

Ten little nigger boys went out to dine
    Ten little nigger boys went out to dine;
    One choked his little self, and then there were nine.
    Nine little nigger boys sat up very late;
    One overslept himself, and then there were eight.
    Eight little nigger boys travelling in Devon;
    One said he\'d stay there, and then there were seven.
    Seven little nigger boys chopping up sticks;
    One chopped himself in half, and then there were six.
    Six little nigger boys playing with a hive;
    A bumble-bee stung one, and then there were five.
    Five little nigger boys going in for law;
    One got in chancery, and then there were four.
    Four little nigger boys going out to sea;
    A red herring swallowed one, and then there were three.
    Three little nigger boys walking in the Zoo;
    A big bear bugged one, and then there were two.
    Two little nigger boys sitting in the sun;
    One got frizzled up, and then there was one.
    One little nigger boy living all alone;
    He got married, and then there were none.
*Agatha Christie的小说《十个小黑人》里也有这首童谣
故事中的十个主人公按照童谣里十个小黑人的死法一个个相继死去,竟然连波洛都被砸死,而这个结局相当的出采,凶手真的是让人想不到啊~



Lizzie Borden Took An Axe

    Lizzie Borden took an axe,
    Hit her father forty whacks.
    When she saw what she had done,
    She hit her mother forty-one.

*一个女孩如此拭杀父母的事是真实 存在的.
1893年美国的麻萨诸塞州,
32岁的里兹•波顿在家中拿起斧头杀害了自己的父亲和继母
,手段残忍.在19世纪的美国引起轩然大波.
如今事发的那 间屋子成为了博物馆,
而里兹杀人事件到现在还是研究的对象,
还被拍成电影等.在网上可以找到不少相关的资料.





There was a crooked man, and he walked a crooked mile
     There was a crooked man, and he walked a crooked mile,
     He found a crooked sixpence against a crooked stile;
     He bought a crooked cat, which caught a crooked mouse,
     And they all lived together in a little crooked house.





There was a man, a very untidy man

   There was a man,
    a very untidy man,
    Whose fingers could nowhere
    be found to put in his tomb.
    He had rolled his head far underneath the bed;
    He had left his legs
    and arms lying all over the room. 






My Mother Has Killed Me

My mother has killed me,
My father is eating me,
My brothers and sisters sit under the table,
Picking up my bones,
And they bury them
under the cold marble stones.



Who killed Cock Robin》

Who killed Cock Robin?
I, said the Sparrow,  
With my bow and arrow,  
I killed Cock Robin.  
Who saw him die?   
I, said the Fly.  
With my little eye,  
I saw him die.  
Who caught his blood?  
I, said the Fish,   
With my little dish,  
I caught his blood.  
Who'll make his shroud?  
I , said the Beetle,
With my thread and needle,  
I'll make the shroud.   
Who'll dig his grave?  
I, said the Owl,  
With my pick and shovel,  
I'll dig his grave.  
Who'll be the person?  
I, said the Rook,  
With my little book,  
I'll be the parson.  
Who'll be the clerk?  
I, said the Lark,  
If it's not in the dark,  
I'll be the clerk.  
Who'll carry the link?  
I, said the Linnet,   
I'll fetch it in a minute,  
I'll carry the link.  
Who'll be chief mourner?  
I, said the Dove, 
I mourn for my love,   
I'll be chief mourner.  
Who'll carry the coffin?  
I, said the Kite,  
If it's not through the night,   
I'll carry the coffin.  
Who'll bear the pall?   
We, said the Wren,  
Both the cock and the hen,  
We'll bear the pall.  
Who'll sing a psalm?  
I, said the Thrush,  
As she sat on a bush,  
I'll sing a psalm.   
Who'll toll the bell?  
I, said the Bull,  
Because I can pull,  
So Cock Robin, farewell.  
All the birds of the air   
Fell a-sighing and a-sobbing,  
When they heard the bell toll  
For poor Cock Robin.  
NOTICE:l it concerns,  
This notice apprises,  
The Sparrow's for trial,  
At next bird assiz




When a good King Arthur rule this land

      When a good King Arthur rule this land,
     He was a goodly king;
     He stole three pecks of barley-meal To make a bag-pudding.
      A bag-pudding the king did make,
      And stuffed it well with plums;
     And in it put great lumps of fat As big as my two thumbs.
     The king and queen did eat thereof,
     And noblemen beside;
      And what they could not eat that night,
     The queen next morning fried. 

没有评论:

发表评论

注意:只有此博客的成员才能发布评论。